Safety-Health-Environmental Services Program
Workplace safety, employee health and the environment are important issues to our members. The Safety-Health-Environmental Services (SHES) program assists members with information and compliance regarding OSHA, EPA and other safety, health and environmental regulations.
Benefits of the SHES Program include:
- Personal consulting privileges with SHES staff regarding safety, health and environmental regulation compliance
- Safety Meetings that are customized to your needs. Common topics include (but are not limited to):
- Personal Electrical Safety
- Fall Protection
- Grain Suffocation/Bin Entry
- Grain Dust Explosions/Fires
- Railcar Loading Safety
- Forklift Training
- Confined Spaces vs. Permit Required Confined Spaces
- Machine Guarding/Entanglement Prevention
- Barge Loading Safety
- Grain Standard Review (1910.272)
- Lockout/Tagout Safety
- Newsletters that keep you up-to-date and informed of changes on items from IEPA, EPA and OSHA
- A Safety Manual on disc that includes items such as safety guidelines, forms, policies, regulations and standards that you can customize for your company
- One on-site meeting per year at your facility. This meeting is personalized to meet the needs of your company and your employees on a topic or variety of topics of your choice.
- OSHA informal conference facilitation and consultation
Additional services include:
- Opacity testing for IEPA requirements of facilities greater than 2.5 million permanent storage
- Agricenter training services
- OSHA 10-Hour Course is delivered by GFAI staff that is authorized by OSHA to provide training for workers and employers on the recognition and avoidance of safety and health hazards in workplaces.
To become a member of SHES, complete the form below or download the application. You can contact the Association office at 217.787.2417 with any questions.