Ten $3,500 scholarships will be available to college students who are seeking a career in the grain handling and feed industries. Please complete the application and e-mail or have it postmarked by March 1, 2018. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
You Should Consider This Scholarship Experience If You….
- Want to work in ag and have an interest in the grain handling and feed industries
- Want a steady career, competitive pay and to become a part of the industry that helps feed the world
- Have an interest in grain merchandising/originating, safety, operations, feed milling, management and more
Recipients are Awarded:
- Networking and career building opportunities – Learn about the grain industry, network, build your resume and meet new people who can open doors for your career!
- A $3,500 scholarship – 40% of the scholarship is provided at the Summer Kickoff Tour and the remaining amount upon completion of the program in the spring.
- Real work experience – Students will work 4 days at a member facility (2 days each in the spring and fall) and provide two blog posts detailing their experiences. Students can suggest their preferred host.
- A 3-day Summer Kickoff Tour on August 14 – 16, 2018, complete with site visits around the state, educational programs and social events! Check out our Scholarship News 2017 to see past recipients in action and learn more about this opportunity!
- Hotel accommodations and registration at GFAI’s Annual Convention and Trade Show where all recipients will be recognized during the general session on February 18, 2019 in Schaumburg.
- Permanent Illinois address and a full-time freshman, sophomore or junior at an accredited college or university
- Students must be willing to:
- Work four days at a member facility (2 days each in spring and fall)
- Attend the Summer Kickoff Tour on August 14 – 16, 2018
- Write two blog posts detailing their experiences
- Applicants may only be awarded a GFAI Scholarship once. Previous winners who are sophomores, juniors or seniors are eligible for a $1,000 “Renewable Scholarship,” with a required 4 days at a member facility and 2 blog posts.
- Students must be interested in a career in the grain handling or feed industries, submit a transcript and three (3) professional letters of recommendation from school advisor, faculty, employer, etc.